Time Out Australia
For many around the globe, Easter is synonymous with chocolate .. and seems the perfect time for a round up of some of our top tips for a chocolate lovers guide to Australia. Tailored touring and exclusive chocolatey experiences for the luxury traveller:
* Join a deliciously different look at Melbourne with a private walking tour of the city’s colourful laneways and arcades, sampling and unveiling some of Australian capital of cuisine’s favourite foodie finds including trendy rooftop bars, an underground cheese room and chocolate treats at one of the city’s chocolate lounges.
* Don’t miss sampling Peter Gillmore’s famous and truly decadent eight textured chocolate cake at the iconic Bennelong restaurant housed beneath the sails of the Sydney Opera House.
* Escape the city lights with a visit to the picturesque Yarra Valley. Just an hour from Melbourne, amongst the valley’s rolling vineyards and cool climate wineries is the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie which produces a unique range of Bush Tucker chocolates showcasing native indigenous ingredients such as pepperberries for a fiery zing, native Jindilli nuts for crunch, wild lemon myrtle for a sweet citrus flavour or gum leaf and wild honey for a truly Australian sweet treat.
* Head for the Hills – the Adelaide Hills – to enjoy an indulgent ChocVino experience including matched tastings of hand made chocolates and boutique wines whilst overlooking the vineyards.
* Alternatively you can take a break from wine tasting in the epicentre of all things epicurious – Western Australia’s Margaret River region south of Perth. Pop in to the Margaret River Chocolate Factory to get your fix with free tastings, call in to the cafe for more substantial sweet treats or stop at the shop for a range of chocolatey treats including chocolate body products – massage oils, lip balms and bath salts.
* Or for the ultimate chocolate indulgence, travel to Victoria’s Spa Country – Daylesford – to enjoy a thick dark bitter sweet detoxifying chocolate body wrap at one of the region’s indulgent day spas.
Happy Easter from the Southern Crossings team